Welcome from the Director
Welcome to the C.S. Mott Center for Human Growth and Development, an internationally known research center established to promote research training relating to women's and children's health with focus on reproductive biology, immunology, oncology, toxicology and prenatal medicine. Our scientists are shaping the understanding of how human being's health is molded even before the fetus begins to grow. We integrate basic, translational and clinical research with the purpose of improving women's health. We have the infrastructure in place to actively contribute to the community as the leading translational center for women's health.
The Mott Center has championed a life-span perspective to reproductive health and an ecological approach to growth, development and well-being. We recognize our responsibility to engage our unique urban environment as we approach reproductive life sciences from bench to bedside and into the community. We are about breaking down barriers and unifying the necessary technologies with expert physician-scientists and the patients we serve.
Read our full mission.
News and announcements
- Dr. Mor edits 'Reproductive Immunology: Basic Concepts'
- Zinc may help with fertility during COVID-19 pandemic, researchers report
- Why COVID Vaccines Are Likely Safe for Pregnant People
- Research Abstract: "Understanding m6A’s role in the myometrium during gestation " by Lindsay Jenkins, Arren Simpson et al.
- New published book from Drs. Alvero and Mor : Detection of Cell Death Mechanisms
- Automated Assay of a Four-Protein Biomarker Panel for Improved Detection of Ovarian Cancer
- Potential Role of Zinc in the COVID-19 Disease Process and its Probable Impact on Reproduction
- A Multiple-Hit Hypothesis Involving Reactive Oxygen Species and Myeloperoxidase Explains Clinical Deterioration and Fatality in COVID-19
- Covid-19 Pandemic and Pregnancy
- COVID-19 and Treg/Th17 imbalance: Potential relationship to pregnancy outcomes